Tony's Eye

Here you will find my views on whatever happens to be in my thoughts. "The eye with which I see God is the same eye with which God sees me: my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing and one love." - Johannes Eckhart (German Sermon No. 12)

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Week 2

6 April 2010

Week 2

Been working on “It A’nt Gonna Rain No Mo’”, but it isn’t helping. It is pouring out! Seem’s like Tuesday is rain-day. I spent the weekend working on the songs from last night, and even found recordings of some to listen too. I tried to play along, but could not keep up. Just 2 chords (C, which uses only 1 finger, and the G7), both chords that I have been working on for a while and I know fairly well, but I am slow. I’m concentrating on the strumming, trying to get it to sound right, but I’m just not getting something. Something is just no clicking. Going back and forward between using the thumb as Danno does in class, and with the index finger as Ralph Shaw and Jim Beloff use in their instruction videos.

Class was full, even though the weather is miserable, everyone made it. New chords today, the D7 to go along with Sloop John B. Another song I remember from my youth, as is Blue Bayou. The other song we got is called Apeman by the Kinks. I’ve never heard it before. My musical knowledge ends at 1982.

Class is picking up speed and a lot of fun.

Reminder to self, “Don’t wear a Hawaiian shirt to class again!”




On a side note:
The tenor ukulele I ordered came in this week and it is a thing of beauty. The strings are a lot stiffer than the watermelon; hopefully as it breaks in they will loosen up. I do love the sound; it has a richer and deeper tone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home